Scroll below for full details, or see our page on GoFundMe
Thank you for any contribution you can make, which will help provide vital services to more people in Scotland, India and around the world.
Why 'Challenge 108'?
The number 108 is a special sacred number in yoga and some other traditions; and, among other meanings, it represents the whole UNIVERSE:
What is my challenge in Challenge 108?
Your challenge is to find 108 examples of 1-10 tasks within 30 days and note them down:
How do I do Challenge 108?
1. Find a friend to do the challenge with – make a team of two (or more): a young child and an adult, two youngsters, two adults.
2. Decide together when you’re going to start the challenge and how many tasks you want to start with – see if you can complete it within 30 days.
4. Download the free Task Sheets, to record your findings on paper or on screen, or use a notebook – and choose your tasks. Task Sheets
5. Share the challenge with others: at home, at school, at work, in person, via emails and on social media.
6. Start your tasks! Write in your answers (on paper or on-screen) and you can add photos or drawings too if you like – be creative!
7. Come and tell us on Facebook when you've completed the tasks and about your adventures and discoveries along the way during your searching, finding and counting! If you’re not on Facebook, you can tell us via email and we’ll post it for you here in the updates.
8. Feel free to be flexible with the ‘rules’; the aim is to spend time together, be present and aware, learn and experience and have fun!
When shall I start Challenge 108?
Right now, at the beginning of the year, is a good time to 'be the change you want to see', as Mahatma Gandhi wisely said.
The fundraising campaign will run until the 108th day of the year, so we can accept donations through GoFundMe until Wednesday 17 April 2024.
Of course, you can continue doing Challenge 108 as long as you like – finding more things, starting again later in the year, or adding some of your own new mindful tasks to the list.
Remember to SHARE it far and wide, so others can join in too.
Thank you for taking part, sharing, supporting your friends and family members – and supporting Yoga in Daily Life Scotland and OM Ashram in our efforts to support others.
May all beings find kindness, peace and joy in their daily lives.
YOUR DONATIONS WILL GO TO
This is us – we are a wee registered charity based in Edinburgh, run entirely by volunteers and doing our best to serve others by improving the health and well-being of people, animals and the environment in the local community and beyond.
Funds raised will go towards helping us continue providing online classes for the public and also enable us to increase the number of in-person courses, workshops, retreats and special events that we can offer at hired venues in the year ahead.
Thank you so much for your support – so that we can better support you on your journey of growth and good health...
Registered Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO): SC049297
Mahaprabhu Deep Ashram | 69/3 Montgomery Street | Edinburgh | EH7 5HZ | Scotland
0131 629 9895 | 07903 124176